Baking desserts, baking bread, and baking with sourdough starter discard. Plus scotch, bourbon, & whiskey reviews, and a whole lot more!
Baking with Autumn flavors
Cooling temperatures means cozy sweaters and trees showcasing their Autumn beauty, while Fall flavors feature apples, pumpkin, maple, and warm baking spices. From pies and cakes, to scones and crisps, why not give one of these Fall favorites a try?
- Apple Galette Tart in Phyllo Dough
- Sourdough Pumpkin Cake with Pumpkin Spice Glaze
- Easy Glazed Maple Walnut Scones
- The Best Old Fashioned Apple Crisp (Apple Crumble)
- Easy & Flavorful Sourdough Spice Cake
- Salted Maple Walnut Bourbon Blondies
- The Best Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- Old Fashioned Sourdough Gingerbread
Most popular recipes and reviews
Here's what my readers' are viewing...
- Dairy-Free Chocolate Mousse (no coconut & pareve)
- How to make Scottish Bannocks from Outlander
- Microwave Chocolate Mug Cake (Eggless & Dairy-free)
- How to braid challah like a pro
- Italian Meringue Macarons step by step
- The Best Homemade Sourdough Bagels
- How to make Chocolate Cookie Crumbs
- Traditional Scottish Shortbread Cookies
Find recipes and reviews
Find recipes sorted by category like sourdough, cookies & brownies, and breads & rolls; special collections like baking techniques, small servings, and just chocolate; and special diets like dairy-free and gluten-free.
Search for scotch reviews sorted by Scotland's five regions and spirits reviews sorted by regions around the world or type like bourbon, rye whiskey. You'll even find scotch, bourbon, and whiskey reviews based on if they're blended or peated.
It's all here!
Looking for a recipe or review in particular?
Sweet & Savory Sourdough
When you maintain a sourdough starter, you have a dilemma...what to do with your sourdough starter discard? I've got lots of suggestions for sweet and savory ways to use your fed sourdough starter and unfed sourdough starter. Here are a few examples of what's here...
See more sourdough recipes ➡️
If it's got chocolate in it, it's here! Recipes for cakes, cookies, cookie bars, pudding, ice cream, candy, and more. The hardest part will be choosing what to make!
See more just chocolate recipes ➡️
Adding spirits contributes flavor and depth to your cooking and baking, and sometimes a kick as well! Try these boozy food ideas for cakes, cookies, pudding, ice cream, candy, and more.
See more boozy food recipes ➡️
Most recently published recipes and reviews
Check out these are new additions to Scotch & Scones!
Most recently updated recipes and reviews
These updated recipes and have been tuned up and are new and shiny!