Baking desserts, baking bread, and baking with sourdough starter discard. Plus scotch, bourbon, & whiskey tasting notes, and a whole lot more!
July is ice cream time!
Skip the store and make your own yummy ice creams, gelatos, sherbets, and sorbets! Homemade frozen treats are fun and can be customized to suit your tastes. Add homemade dessert toppings for a fun sundae. All you need to add is the cherry on top!
- French Vanilla Ice Cream (Frozen Custard)
- Chocolate Mint Marshmallow Ice Cream
- Salted Caramel Swirl Gelato Ice Cream
- Double Chocolate Mint Chip Gelato Ice Cream
- Whole Lemon Sherbet, a refreshing treat
- Silky Smooth Strawberry Mint Sorbet (Dairy-Free)
- Dark Chocolate Hot Fudge Sauce
- Easy Homemade Caramel Sauce with Cream
See more recipes for frozen treats & toppings ➡️
My Most Popular Recipes & Tasting Notes
Here's what my readers' are viewing right...
- Microwave Chocolate Mug Cake (Eggless & Dairy-Free)
- How to make Scottish Bannocks from Outlander
- Dairy-Free Chocolate Mousse (no coconut & pareve)
- Italian Meringue Macarons step by step
- Homemade Marshmallow Creme (Marshmallow Fluff)
- Easy Sourdough Discard Crumpets
- Creamy Homemade Vanilla Pudding (no eggs)
- Rich & Chewy Cake Brownies from scratch
Find Recipes & Tasting Notes
Find recipes sorted by category like sourdough, cookies & brownies, and breads & rolls; special collections like baking techniques, small servings, and just chocolate; and special diets like dairy-free and gluten-free.
Search for my tasting notes for the scotch, whiskey, and spirits that I've tried. You can search for a specific scotch or whiskey by region, type, learn about the people of whisky, or look for my food and spirit pairings.
Sweet & Savory Sourdough
When you maintain a sourdough starter, you have a dilemma: what to do with your sourdough starter discard? Many recipes, both sweet and savory, can be adapted to use unfed sourdough starter. Here are a few examples of what you'll find...
See more sourdough recipes ➡️
Chocolate is one of life's indulgences, and recipes that contain chocolate are a real treat. If you're searching recipes that feature chocolate in cakes, pies, cookies and bars, puddings and custards, ice creams, candies, or breads, you'll find them here. The hardest part will be choosing what to make!
See more chocolate recipes ➡️
Basic Baking Techniques
Here you'll find recipes that are great for learning basic baking techniques. From bread making to custards and dessert sauces, check out these recipes that'll teach you some tricks and tips for better baking!
See more basic baking techniques recipes ➡️
Most Recently Published Recipes & Tasting Notes
Check out these are new additions to Scotch & Scones!
Most Recently Updated Recipes & Tasting Notes
These updated recipes and reviews have been tuned up and are new and shiny!