Baking desserts, baking bread, and baking with sourdough starter discard. Plus scotch, bourbon, & whiskey reviews, and a whole lot more!
Celebrate the season
The December holidays are for celebrating, whether virtually or in person, with the ones we love. What better way is there to entertain and/or send a gift than with homemade treats? Here are just a few ideas for candy, cookies, brownies, and scones that feature the flavors of the season. And don't forget to make a cup of eggnog cheer to ring in the New Year!
- Double Chocolate Peppermint Brownies
- Glazed Spiced Eggnog Scones
- Buttery English Toffee Candy (Gluten-Free)
- Pecan Snowball Cookies (Mexican Wedding Cookies)
- Orange Vanilla Pound Cake with Fiori di Sicilia
- Almost Authentic Easy Nanaimo Bars (No-Bake)
- White Chocolate Marshmallow Pecan Fudge (no condensed milk)
- Traditional Creamy Homemade Eggnog
Most popular recipes and reviews
Here's what my readers' are viewing...
- Microwave Chocolate Mug Cake (Eggless & Dairy-free)
- Dairy-Free Chocolate Mousse (no coconut & pareve)
- How to make Scottish Bannocks from Outlander
- Easy Homemade Boiled Apple Cider Syrup
- Traditional Scottish Shortbread Cookies
- Easy Classic Southern Brown Sugar Pie
- Italian Meringue Macarons step by step
- How to braid challah like a pro
Find recipes and reviews
Find recipes sorted by category like sourdough, cookies & brownies, and breads & rolls; special collections like baking techniques, small servings, and just chocolate; and special diets like dairy-free and gluten-free.
Search for scotch reviews sorted by Scotland's five regions and spirits reviews sorted by regions around the world or type like bourbon, rye whiskey. You'll even find scotch, bourbon, and whiskey reviews based on if they're blended or peated.
It's all here!
Looking for a recipe or review in particular?
Sweet & Savory Sourdough
When you maintain a sourdough starter, you have a dilemma...what to do with your sourdough starter discard? I've got lots of suggestions for sweet and savory ways to use your fed sourdough starter and unfed sourdough starter. Here are a few examples of what's here...
See more sourdough recipes ➡️
If it's got chocolate in it, it's here! Recipes for cakes, cookies, cookie bars, pudding, ice cream, candy, and more. The hardest part will be choosing what to make!
See more just chocolate recipes ➡️
Adding spirits contributes flavor and depth to your cooking and baking, and sometimes a kick as well! Try these boozy food ideas for cakes, cookies, pudding, ice cream, candy, and more.
See more boozy food recipes ➡️
Most recently published recipes and reviews
Check out these are new additions to Scotch & Scones!
Most recently updated recipes and reviews
These updated recipes and reviews have been tuned up and are new and shiny!